Wilkommen ~ Welcome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilkommen ~ Welcome

It is the first Mauritian forum for German Rock band Cinema Bizarre. Feel free to join us ^0^

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Williams Syndrome, The Brain And Music
Blessing or curse? What does Strify think? I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Aug 2011 - 16:07 by Guest

» apartamenty wieniawskiego
Blessing or curse? What does Strify think? I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Aug 2011 - 7:12 by Guest

» Kent Jones Drug Bust Washington
Blessing or curse? What does Strify think? I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Aug 2011 - 7:08 by Guest

» No Drugs Editorial Cartoons
Blessing or curse? What does Strify think? I_icon_minitimeWed 3 Aug 2011 - 18:59 by Guest

» royal vagas free slots games
Blessing or curse? What does Strify think? I_icon_minitimeWed 3 Aug 2011 - 17:29 by Guest

» hotele centrum
Blessing or curse? What does Strify think? I_icon_minitimeWed 3 Aug 2011 - 10:23 by Guest

» salmon fish oil benefits
Blessing or curse? What does Strify think? I_icon_minitimeWed 3 Aug 2011 - 8:41 by Guest

» kwatery sopot kamienny potok
Blessing or curse? What does Strify think? I_icon_minitimeTue 2 Aug 2011 - 10:27 by Guest

» Virtually as cut-price as files
Blessing or curse? What does Strify think? I_icon_minitimeTue 2 Aug 2011 - 4:27 by Guest

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Blessing or curse? What does Strify think?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shylia magnum
Die Hard
Die Hard
shylia magnum

Female
Number of posts : 455
How are you feeling? : Frei!
Favorite CB Member : All of them ♥️
Logo : Awwww!
Relationship Status : xxxxx
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Blessing or curse? What does Strify think? Empty
PostSubject: Blessing or curse? What does Strify think?   Blessing or curse? What does Strify think? I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Oct 2008 - 7:03

You’ve got to admit. When your 13-year-old son grabs a kohl pencil and uses make-up, it’s not unusual for dad to look strangely. That he would get really angry, was something Strify didn’t expect. He remembers: “My dad of course, forbid me to ever use make-up again. When I didn’t listen, we got into a big fight. For 3 month the air between us was thick and we barely spoke to each other. And when he tried to stop me from seeing my friends because he believed they had a ‘bad influence’ on me, it really hurt me.” And Strify needed his friends for support. But not only in the family, also in his circle of friends, there were people who didn’t know what to do with this new style.
“When I wasn’t ‘normal’ anymore, many liked it but I lost a lot of my old friends, too. They talked behind my back a lot. I also felt it was just a game to them. They only met with me to be amused. ‘let’s call Strify, so we have something to laugh about’ that really hurt me a lot.
Still, Strify stayed strong. “Sure, it was hard but looking back, I can say that my style freed me from my role as an outsider. I used to be (eine graue Maus – can I translate that as a wallflower or something???) But as I changed, a lot of people noticed me.”
In the meanwhile, he has contact to the people who used to make fun of him. “They saw their mistakes and they know now that, even though I look different, I’m still the same person inside.” And what about dad? Strify says smiling: “He, also learned to live with it. He knows now that there is nothing wrong with wearing a little make-up and dress myself differently. He finds my friends and the band cool now!”
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shy_magnum

Blessing or curse? What does Strify think?
Page 1 of 1